I know i know. I told you guys i would update bi-weekly but as you can see i am completely horrible with updating.
I have had my yarn braids in for a month now and i tell you this was a much much MUCH needed break from my hair. I am considering taking them out this weekend and if i do, twistout it is! Yet i still think i can afford to get a little more wear out of these ~shrug~. I guess i will see how i feel this weekend.
So far my experience with them has been very nice. I did learn a few things though:
- I can moisturize all of my hair while its in yarn braids because yarn holds moisture..so i use my S-Curl and set under my steamer and just let all the moisture get sucked in.
- I can wash them but they take hours upon hours upon hours upon hours to dry and if i put them up while they dry, it smells funny.
- Yarn cost = $6.49 , regular hair cost = $30.00 ….. nuff said
- I would look really cute with dreads but i will not lock up
- Next time i get these done, make my yarn pieces a little longer so i can add more length.
- The older they get, the better they look
Yep that pretty much sums up my experience but we shall see what else i experience when takedown time rolls around. I am hoping it will be a breeze and keeping my fingers crossed.